|How to care for your new puppy!
|Things to buy before you bring your new puppy home:
|Puppy treats for training your puppy and |
|rewarding good behavior|
|Chew toys-our puppies start on beef bully sticks|
|Good nail clippers|
EAR CLEANING SOLUTION
Evaluate condition of ears before treating. If very inflamed and sore, do not
attempt to pull hair or clean out ear at all. Wait until inflammation has subsided,
which will be about 2 days.Mix together in a bottle and shake well. You will
need to shake solution every rime you go to use it.
Gently flood the ear with solution using a squirt bottle. Massage gently to the
count of 60, and wipe with a tissue. Flood again on first treatment, wipe with a
tissue, and leave alone without massage. The dog will shake out the excess,
which can be wiped with a tissue.
Use twice a day for the first 1-2 weeks, depending on how bad your pet's
symptoms are. Use once per day for the next 1-2 weeks, then once per month.
If infection persists, symptoms do not improve, or if symptoms worsen, contact
The above ingredients can be picked up at a pharmacy or purchased online.
Some people substitute witch hazel in place of the alcohol.
**Be careful because the Gentian Violet can stain!
FOR EXTERNAL USE ONLY. Do NOT get blue powder solution into your
Disclaimer: I am not a veterinarian. My advice is based upon my past experiences.
Read this eye-opening "letter from your puppy" by J.D. Ellis from Cricket Hollow Farm before you begin training and
housebreaking your puppy.
- Let your puppy out to go potty every time you come home from being out, i.e. to work, to the store, et cetera.
- Try to feed your puppy at the same times everyday and take the puppy outside after eating.
- Do not punish your puppy for an accident inside the house.
- As they learn, it is your responsibility to learn the signs that your puppy needs to go outside, and let him or her out, to
encourage future communication.
When accidents do happen . . .
- First, clean up the initial mess. If still wet, blot up the moisture without smearing or rubbing. Blot repeatedly until the carpet
is almost dry to the touch.
- If the stain has dried, moisten it and apply a carpet stain cleaning product specifically formulated for pet stains.
- Simply mix 1/4 cup of vinegar with a quart of warm water and spritz on the stain. Allow the vinegar spray to soak for several
minutes and then blot until the stain is gone and the spot is dry.
- You may also try to mix a quart of water and a stain-fighting laundry detergent in a spray bottle, then spray it on the spot.
Allow this mixture to soak for a few minutes, then blot, rinse with warm water, and repeat as necessary.